Boys will be boys

Boys will be boys

Friday, June 7, 2013

June...

Well, here we are. It's 2 days past our closing date. The house isn't finished (although a construction supervisor called me to do a walk thru since the house was done...). There's a few things that need to be repaired and a few things that need to be added before the house is officially done. While we wait for that we also wait for an issue with our loan to be approved and escrow can't close until the house and the issue are done....so we sit in limbo. Thankfully, we still have a roof over our head. We haven't given any sort of notice  to our rental company yet (smart to wait until those keys are in hand and papers are signed!).

So, since we are in a limbo situation why not add some excitement to our lives! For the summer and because I couldn't take it anymore, I went and got my hair cut! It was the first time it's been cut since Nina last cut in September 2012 before we moved! EEEKKK!!! I got a groupon for a nice salon in Katy and used some mother's day funds I gratefully received to buy a cut and style! After the initial appt was rescheduled because the stylist was out sick I finally got to go in. I brought a picture of my idea for how I wanted my hair and she began cutting away.... and then she paused, backed up and vomited! Thankfully, she missed me... another stylist finished my cut. It's not quite what I had wanted but given the circumstances, I am just grateful I left clean! yuck!

So since my haircut didn't go the way I wanted... the hubby took me to the car dealership where we exchanged, yes exchanged, our tiny crossover for an SUV...it's a little older with a few more miles but we have room for costco shopping and when family comes to visit we can drive 1 car instead of 2 (the hhr had 5 seats... so with guests we had to travel in 2 cars!!!)! It's taking me a little while to get used to parking the GMC Yukon but it drives nice and the kids love it!

My husband is spoiling me for sure! LOL... The best part was we went in with the knowledge we gained from taking Financial Peace University with Dave Ramsey and walked out paying $0.01 for the bigger car! We told the sales guy we didn't want nor could we afford a car payment. We wanted an even trade or we'd go elsewhere... after trying to get us into a car with $5,000 financed and realizing we weren't going to budge he magically found the Yukon! Trust me, I said a prayer over the car and feel that this was a smart move for us (although my gas budget is different now... guess we will go back to the stay at home and eat Ramen plan! LOL).

The Texas summer weather has arrived and it came with a visit from my mom! She was asked to attend a work conference in Houston and was thrilled, as were we! We picked her up at the beginning of the week and spent the day with her and then dropped her at the hotel where she stayed and did all her work functions. Friday morning we picked her up from the hotel and had a blast seeing the house, playing at Teta's splash pad, grocery shopping, playing superheroes, candy land and just enjoying the short but sweet time we have together. She has a late flight tonight so we will have a great morning and afternoon before heading back to the airport. Hopefully, she'll visit again soon and we'll be moved and settled!

Here's a few pictures from this week!
 New do

 Watching a spider eat a grasshopper! The spider is actually between the window glass and the screen. We assume it went through a hole in the screen or the grasshopper did. Needless to say, I'm not opening the window any time soon!!!

 2 supers, 1 batman, 1 grandma and candy land... priceless

 Superman caught sleeping on the job! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment