Boys will be boys

Boys will be boys

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Story Time

Being a Kindergarten teacher and an avid reader makes exposing Yurchik to books a high priority. Yuri and I always said that we would be sure to spend time as a family reading; and we have as husband and wife. Now that we have a little one my reading has taken a step back as I've been doing midnight feedings and all that. Yuri has read a million books since Jr's birth whereas I have been trying to read the same book since the end of October! We got a few books at the baby showers and for Christmas presents so we have added to the few books I don't have in the classroom to our home library. I've read a few stories to Yurchik in the past 7 weeks but he was either sleeping or eating or something else. Tonight he was on my lap staring at the vibrant illustrations while I read, "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie". It was so adorable to see his eyes widen when I turned the pages; amazing how he can track the movement of the page already! I finished the story and starting talking to him about how this book is one of mommy's favorites and it was a gift for him and he can read it as many times as he wants. I look down and he's peacefully asleep! It was one of the most precious mommy moments so far. Since he's asleep and I am still quite awake perhaps I will take the opportunity and read a few pages!

No comments:

Post a Comment