Boys will be boys

Boys will be boys

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Revisiting

I can't sleep. My book is in the car. Nothing interesting pinned on pinterest. What's a mom to do... Revisit blog entries! I just reread the first blog I posted about the twins' birth. I cannot believe that was a year ago. It seems like a lifetime yet only yesterday. As I read through just that first entry I was again AMAZED at the things these two boys of mine have overcome. Reading about their struggles to breath, to regulate their blood pressure. Reading and remembering I couldn't hold them, could barely touch them and was really lost not being able to help them. Writing this blog really did give me peace for those 55 days. I'm so glad that now I can look back and smile and know that my boys are strong and brave and I couldn't be a prouder mom knowing that they will continue to fight through whatever life throws at them. I also realized I tend to forget that Anže fought just like Luca did. Luca had to fight harder and longer and he may be like that for the rest of his life. I think because Anže has the laid back, go with the flow personality I wish I had I often forget he was a preemie that fought too. Rereading the blog and recalling how he was on medication for things and he had to be intubated and all those things as well made me love that little boy just a bit more. I'll be sure to tell him how proud I am of him when he wakes up! My miracle babies are growing up and for that I am so grateful!! Their first birthday has come and gone and they are on their way to the next great adventure! Here's to a great ride :D

No comments:

Post a Comment